Generally speaking, people don’t like to think about the possibility of getting into a car accident every time they put the keys in the ignition. As unpleasant as this notion is, the chances of getting into a car accident are always present every time you get into your vehicle. For that reason, you need to be prepared and always expect the unexpected. Whether or not the accident is your fault, having the right car insurance in place can help protect you and your loved ones from a world of financial and physical stress. Keep reading to learn how Farmers Insurance – Schuder Insurance Agency can provide comprehensive auto insurance to protect you and your family.
Why Is Car Insurance Necessary?
This is an excellent question and it’s most likely the one that’s on everyone’s mind. Car insurance is legally mandatory for a number of reasons. It not only protects you and your loved ones in the event that an accident does occur, but it can also help pay off some of the expenses that are associated with collisions.
Without proper auto insurance, you or the other person might not have the financial means to make that payment. In the United States, there are so many factors to consider when it comes to auto collisions. Not only do you have to cover the damage caused to the vehicle, but you also have to consider the injuries sustained by the other parties, whether they’ll need to take time off work to recover, the cost of their medical bills, and even loss of income for their family. All of these factors culminate a huge financial burden that’s too overwhelming for most Americans to conquer on their own.
Insurance companies are responsible for paying the amount owed according to court settlements and you’ll usually get your money within a few weeks or months, depending on how long the legal proceedings take.
What Happens If You Don’t Have Auto Insurance?
Failing to secure excellent comprehensive auto insurance is a huge risk in the United States. Aside from being illegal to drive without at least some form of basic insurance, it could also put you, your family, and anyone else who travels with as a passenger at great risk.
Proper car insurance provides financial protection against accidents and any damages your vehicle might incur, even if you’re not driving. For instance, if another vehicle scrapes against your car and scratches the paint or dents it while it’s parked in a public parking lot, then you’ll still be covered for the cost of the repairs required. Without car insurance, you’d be forced to pay for the repairs yourself, even though you’re not technically responsible for the damages.
Also, there are some hefty fines for being caught driving without insurance and in some cases, demerit points might also be applied to your driving record. In Texas, if you accumulate six or more demerit points on your driving record within a three-year period, then your driving privileges could be revoked or suspended indefinitely.
Why Farmers Insurance Makes All the Difference
At Farmers Insurance – Crystal Schuder Agency, we offer a wide-range of auto insurance in Fort Worth, Mansfield, Arlington, and Burleson County, Texas. We’ll take the time to fully comprehend your specific coverage needs, work within your budget, and tailor the ideal car insurance policy that works best for you and your company. Whether you need to register multiple commercial or residential vehicles, or register more than one driver on certain vehicles, we know we can help. We’ll also help you find the lowest possible premiums within your price point and create a payment plan that’s accessible to you and your needs. Here are a few important reasons why you need car insurance in Texas:
- It’s required by law. As mentioned, driving without car insurance in Texas is illegal and may be considered a misdemeanor offense. At best, you’ll have to pay a fine ranging anywhere from a few hundred dollars to over $1,000. At worst, you could be sentenced to some jail time. It’s better not to take the risk.
- Insurance can help protect your financial assets. Say you get into a minor fender bender and the person in the other vehicle or even one of your passengers complains that their neck or back is in pain due to the accident; having injury coverage could save you from having to pay for their medical treatments out of pocket.
- Car insurance can also help protect you and your loved ones. On the other hand, if you or one of your loved ones is the injured party, then your medical bills will automatically be covered by either your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance depending on who’s at fault.
- Car insurance also protects your passengers. As the driver, you’re legally responsible for anyone who enters or uses your vehicle. Having proper comprehensive auto insurance can help secure your premiums in the event of an accident.
- Car insurance covers so much more than just accidents. It also covers damages caused by natural disasters/inclement weather conditions, negligence of other drivers, and even injuries sustained in a driving incident.
Types of Auto Insurance Provided by Farmers Insurance in Texas
Farmers Insurance – Crystal Schuder Insurance Agency provides the following types of car insurance in Texas:
- At-fault accidental damage to your own vehicle or someone else’s
- Damages caused by natural disasters or weather (i.e. hailstorms, snowstorms, rain, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.)
- Single or multi-car wreck injuries
At Farmers Insurance – Crystal Schuder Agency, our top priority is to guarantee comprehensive and necessary coverage for all of our clients. To learn more about our services and insurance policy options, please feel free to contact us today!